Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This course will prepare you to work safely and with confidence in construction with a focus on bricklaying skills. You will develop the basic rudimentary skills, knowledge and hand skills required to become a good bricklayer.
What you will learn
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out block laying activities
- Carrying out brick laying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment. Learn the art of bricklaying in our purpose built workshops.
- GCSEs grade D/3 or below (including English and maths) or
Level 1 in English and maths
Note - You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Apprenticeship in Bricklaying