Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
About the course
This course will prepare you to work safely and with confidence in construction with a focus on bricklaying skills. You will develop the basic rudimentary skills, knowledge and hand skills required to become a good bricklayer.
What you will learn
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out block laying activities
- Carrying out brick laying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment. Learn the art of bricklaying in our purpose built workshops.
- GCSEs grade D/3 or below (including English and maths) or
Level 1 in English and maths
Note - You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Apprenticeship in Bricklaying