About the course
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to progress on to becoming a skilled bricklayer. You will learn a variety of skills to enable you to build, repair and maintain commercial and residential buildings.
What you will learn
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Carrying out brick laying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry-standard equipment. Learn the art of bricklaying in our purpose built workshops.
- GCSE grades A*-D/9-3 (including English and maths), or
- Level 1 in Bricklaying or Construction Skills
- Practical qualifications may also be considered as an alternative entry depending on grade achieved
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Bricklaying
- NVQs or other relevant Level 3 courses
- Employment with construction companies (private and public sector)