About this course
This one year course in Level 3 Beauty Therapy – Massage covers a large amount of Anatomy and Physiology to develop and provide a greater and more in-depth understanding of the human body and its systems.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
During this course you will cover a number of core units, each teaching you a different skill or technique. Some of the units you will cover are listed below:
- G22: Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- H32: Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- B20: Provide body massage treatments
- B23: Provide Indian head massage
- B21: Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- B28: Provide stone therapy treatment
- B14: Provide facial electrical treatments
- B13: Provide body electrical treatments
Lessons will be taught in the colleges very own modern, professional, commercial salons where you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learnt on paying customers. The salons are a real asset to the college and the experience you will have whilst working in them, will prepare you for any work you will have in a salon in the future. Having this facility also allows you develop customer service and customer relations skills as well as all the practical ability to carry out the treatments.
All teaching methods are selected to meet the levels and abilities of the individuals within the class and lecturers will do their best to meet the needs of every member of their class as individuals.
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
As well as taking part in practical and theory lessons, you are required to complete essential homework tasks via CityBit, our virtual learning environment.
Assessments are carried out throughout the year and are a part of your study. As well as taking part in practical lessons in the salons, you are required to participate in student led activities within the class, complete work packs and case studies to create a portfolio of evidence. Carrying out these tasks will give you theoretical knowledge as well as practical skills.
You are required to research information for your assignments in your own time, alongside practicing practical skills at home. You will be expected to provide models for your practical assessments; your models will be expected to contribute to the cost of consumables.
- 3 GCSEs A*-C/9-4 including English, maths and science
- Or, candidates who have successfully completed a Level 2 General beauty therapy course with a satisfactory reference and skills assessment
- You need to have a passion for improving well being and lifestyle
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|17/09/19||17:00 - 21:00 (Tue & Thur)||1 year||Main campus||£2,165* (eligible for 19+ Advanced Learner Loan)|
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to progress by adding to your industry skills by attending part-time courses in stone therapy, reflexology or progress onto the Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Technical Salon Management. Or you may choose to work in beauty salons, cruise ships, health clubs and spas or begin your own business venture. The skills gained in this course will equip you to follow any of these paths.
The beauty industry is a professional career; therefore we have certain rules and regulations within the Beauty salons that you must adhere to. You will not be accepted in the beauty salon without the following:
- Full beauty kit
- A clean and well pressed uniform – La Beeby black tunic and trousers
- Clean shoes from La Beeby
- Day make up
- Clean tidy hairstyle hair should be tied back
- No jewellery except a wedding band
- Short nails which are unvarnished
- No nail extensions
- Facial piercings are to be removed
You will be required to wear a beauty uniform, and have a kit, you will be provided with order forms for these items. It is compulsory that you will have this kit before you start the course. We also recommend that you have a subject text book; the purchasing of this can be discussed at your interview.
At City College
Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy
Beauty therapist at the Grand Harbour Hotel
"The experience I gained from training in a working salon at City College was invaluable. It taught me exactly what to expect from the world of work and the proper way to interact with real paying clients.
So many people recommended I go to City College. I really enjoyed the level three diploma as I was interested in the anatomy and physiology modules. It's definitely something that I want to continue to improve my skills in to help for the future."