About the course
This course will allow you to develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology in beauty therapy. You will also develop your communication and customer service skills consulting with clients, successfully promoting and retailing products and providing a range of beauty treatments including Swedish massage, skin and body analysis.
Alongside theory classes you will learn practical skills in our commercial beauty salon, Kudos, where you will work with real paying customers.
What you will learn
- Health and safety in the salon
- Client care and consultation
- History and origins of massage therapies
- Swedish massage
- Stone therapy
- Indian head massage
- Anatomy and physiology for the face and body systems
- Promote and sell products and services
- Contribute to the effective running of a business
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
70% coursework/practical - 30% exam
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English, maths and science) AND
- Level 2 Technical Beauty Therapy (including GCSE English and maths grade A*-C)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Work in salons, theatres, fashion houses, spas or on cruise ships
- Degree at university
- Start your own business
Trips, visits & activities
- Visits to trade shows
- Guest speakers
- Work experience
- Industry week activities