About the course
This course will give you the skills to be confident in cutting men's hair and facial hair. You will learn practical skills in our commercial hair salon, Kudos, alongside theory classes.
What you will learn
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Cut men's hair using basic techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men's hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
- Plait and twist hair
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Assist with shaving services
- Colour and lighten men's hair
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
- 4 GCSEs grades A*-D/9-3 (including English, maths and a creative subject) or
- Level 1 Diploma in Hair and Beauty (including Level 1 functional skills)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Barbering
- Work in salons, theatres, fashion houses or on cruise ships