Awareness of Mental Health Problems
Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This distance learning qualification aims to raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems. It will provide you with the knowledge of a range of different mental health issues, covering causes of the issues as well as how mental health problems can be managed and treated.
This qualification is designed to develop your understanding of mental health problems, which could be used to support your role in the workplace or where you may work or interact with individuals with mental health problems.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £16,009.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Understanding mental health
- Understanding stress
- Understanding anxiety
- Understanding phobias
- Understanding depression
- Understanding post-natal depression
- Understanding bipolar disorder
- Understanding schizophrenia
- Understanding dementia
- Understanding eating disorders
- Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - ADHD
- Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - PTSD
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30*
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning