Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
Qualification: NCFE Award
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
Do you currently work or have experience of working in the hospitality and events industry? Do you want to get a promotion and progress your career in the industry?
If so why not take advantage of this fully funded course with City College.
This qualification is designed for those who already work in the hospitality industry and want to develop their existing knowledge and understanding, or progress into a leadership role. It will develop the essential knowledge and understanding for working in a supervisory role within the hospitality sector, such as leading a team and supervising operations in a hospitality environment.
What you will learn
Principles of leading a team in the hospitality industry
Discover the different types of hospitality organisations and understand the need for effective communication. Learn how to lead a team effectively and the factors that impact on the hospitality industry.
Supervision of operations in the hospitality industry
You will learn about customer service supervision and the principles of stock control and how to use resources effectively.
Principles of supervising customer service performance in hospitality leisure travel and tourism
Learn how to develop a customer service culture within a business. You will discover how to build teams and motivate colleagues through techniques such as on-site coaching. You will also learn how to effectively monitor and communicate levels of customer service performance.
You need the following to meet the entry requirements of this course:
- You need to be currently in employment ideally in the hospitality and events industry
- Aged 19 or over
- Have at least a level 2 in English/Literacy - if you have GCSE English please bring in your certificate with you
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course. Please ensure you bring ID and proof of address with you to your interview - e.g. passport and utility bill. Please note a driving licence is not acceptable.
- Work in a supervisory position in the hospitality industry
- Progress to further studies such as:
- NCFE Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- NCFE Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership