About the course
This one year course will provide you with a formal qualification and the ability to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the aviation sector.
The course will suit you if you already work in ground operations at an airport and have some knowledge and basic skills, or as an adult with general travel knowledge wanting to pursue a career as ground crew.
What you will learn
- Health & safety in aviation
- Aviation security
- Aviation communication
- Airport check-in services
- Aircraft boarding and arrival services
- Airport baggage processing
- Loading and unloading of an aircraft
- Airport baggage facilities
- Aviation passengers with special requirements
- Aircraft load instruction report
- Aircraft marshalling
- Support flight operations
- Aircraft dispatch process
This course includes role play in our purpose built training aircraft cabin, designing health and safety notice boards and portfolio evidence.
- Mock-up of an equipped plane fuselage
- Visit to a UK airline training facility
Entry requirements for adults are discussed at interview. Students should be competent in English and Maths to Level 1 and have good IT skills.
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|13/09/16||13.00 - 14.30 (Wednesday)||1 year||Main site||£577|
- Employment or career progression in the aviation industry