About this course
This one-year course gives you the chance to explore and experiment with a wide range of project-based art and design activities, to prepare you to move on to a range of undergraduate degrees. It will enable you to build on your existing skills, and offer new practical, critical and theoretical experiences.
The course provides a structure to assist you in making informed choices for your future education and career. We encourage you to explore different ways of working and thinking so that you identify your strengths, before deciding which particular art and design direction to follow.
We have excellent connections with universities especially those locally with partnership agreements guaranteeing an interview. Many of our students go on to study an honours degree at University.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
- Print making
- Life drawing
- Working with materials to create a 3D art
- End of year exhibition
- Build a broad and varied portfolio for university interviews
- Well equipped art studios
- Large and fully equipped photography studio
- Photography dark room
- Suite of Apple Macs
- Gallery exhibition space
100% Coursework/practical assessment
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English) and either
- One A-Level in a creative subject or Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|09/12/19||09:00 - 17:00 (Mon, Thu & Fri)||1 year||Main campus||£4,000* (eligible for 19+ Advanced Learning Loan)|
- HNC in Art & Design
- Degree in Art & Design at university
- Freelance work
- Work in graphic design, illustration, fine art, fashion, textiles, 3D design, interior design, animation, art history, digital media, curatorship, art journalism or teaching
A wide variety of art and design specialist equipment is used throughout the year. You are expected to provide basic equipment and most expendable materials. The college will provide some basic items. A full list is available on request but will vary in cost, depending on your specialist pathway interest.