About the course
Working in accountancy requires good communication skills, information technology skills and an understanding of the business environment, as well as an understanding of daily finance/accounting functions. The purpose of this qualification is to ensure that you are well prepared to progress into a career in business, finance or professional accountancy.
The full-time AAT Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business is ideal for anyone wishing to study accountancy and finance alongside a range of business and personal skills.
What you will learn
The AAT Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business covers a broad range of core accounting skills, as well as accountancy-related business skills and communications and personal skills. It comprises nine mandatory units:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping controls
- Elements of costing
- Using accounting software
- Work effectively in finance
- Business communications and personal skills
- Developing lifelong learning skills
- Introduction to business and company law
- Introduction to payroll
You will be assessed on each unit you study which will be an exam.
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (including English and maths)
Note - You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Level 3 Diploma in Business
- Relevant work or apprenticeship
The finance, accountancy, business and communications skills developed in the AAT Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business can lead to employment as:
- Accounts administrator
- Accounts assistant
- Accounts payable clerk
- Purchase/sales ledger clerk
- Trainee accounting technician
- Trainee finance assistant
- Payroll clerk