Access to Building Services Engineering
Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This course provides certificated training in several different skills areas within building services engineering. You will cover the basics required for further training and progression into working in plumbing, heating and ventilation, electrical, refrigeration and air conditioning industries.
What you will learn
- Heating and ventilation operations
- Plumbing operations
- Refrigeration and air conditioning operations
- Electrical installation operations
- Scientific principles within mechanical engineering services
- Safe working practices in building services
- Environmental protection measures in building services engineering
- Roles and responsibilities in building services engineering
- Heating and ventilation workshop
- Electrical workshop
- Welding workshop
- CAD suite
- Off-site surveying
- Extensive research facilities
- 4 GCSEs grade A*-D/9-3 (including English, maths and science)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 3 Diploma in Construction or Electrical Installation
- Apprenticeship/Advanced Apprenticeship in Building Services, Electrical or Construction
- Employment in plumbing, heating and ventilation, electrical, refrigeration and air conditioning industries
You will need flame-proof (pro-ban) overalls and safety boots with steel toe caps for workshop tasks plus a ring binder, writing implements & paper for theory.