Information and advice for City College students and staff
City College Southampton has stopped all face to face teaching for students and apprentices, in line with the Government’s decision. We have moved to online learning. Staff are available to students and apprentices through their College email and Citybit direct messaging.
Please ensure we have your up to date email addresses and phone numbers to communicate with you through the rest of the academic year.
We are constantly monitoring Public Health England, NHS and Department of Education advice to ensure we are as up-to-date as possible.
What can I do to reduce my risk of catching coronavirus?
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds (best way to wash your hands video)
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work/college
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Do not eat or drink whilst using a shared computer
What should I do if I think I might have coronavirus?
Read the NHS advice https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ and then if necessary use the 111 online coronavirus service. Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.