Warner Goodman & Son – Business Administration Apprenticeship
Central Southampton • Closing Date: 27/01/2022
Warner Goodman & Son – Business Administration Apprentice
The vacancy code for this apprenticeship is VC00091. Please make sure you fill this in when applying so the recruitment coordinator can ensure you are put forward for the correct vacancy.
Location: Central Southampton
£150.50 per week
Working week will be 35 hours:
8am to 5pm (Mon to Fri – 8 hours per day including 1 hour lunch break)
- Researching law and preparation of advice notes for Peace of Mind members and other clients.
- Review Contracts of Employment and Staff Handbooks for Peace of Mind members and other clients
- Prepare reports as to defects and make recommendations for corrective clauses
- Review PLC updates and identify new issues to be included in client updates and to be added to a central library.
- Prepare some basic letters for staffing issues raised by Peace of Mind members.
- Prepare case law updates for the weekly newsletter and weekly updates for the Firm’s website.
- Fully utilise the Case Management system when typing correspondence, telephone notes, saving emails etc.
- Answer the telephone promptly in a professional manner, being polite and helpful at all times. Aim to assist calls of a general nature on your Fee Earner’s files. Ensure messages are recorded with client’s name, telephone number, date and time and when possible, details of the query raised. Be realistic in call back options. Liaise with fee earner as to system regarding direct dial numbers on correspondence and process for taking calls from Reception. If appropriate type telephone message and place on file.
- Attending clients on behalf of Fee Earners in reception and on the telephone for routine matters such as taking instructions/discussing document review related issues. If appropriate offer the client the use of the interview rooms.
- Undertake such work on the file as may be directed by the Fee Earner. Filing should be undertaken at the request of your Fee Earner.
- For all appointments arrange for the files or necessary documents to be available for fee earners. Where appropriate check Fee Earners diary re appointments at other offices to ensure that the files are always with them in advance of the appointment.
- General office administration duties such as photocopying and collecting stationary.
- To undertake any other administration duties at the request of Fee Earners, Team Leader, Branch Manager or Business Head.
- To ensure compliance with the Firm’s Quality Standards.
Candidate entry requirements
GCSE English and Maths at grade 4/C or above. We will ask for evidence of this when applying. If you cannot provide evidence, we unfortunately cannot progress with your application.
You must have a friendly, positive outlook and enjoy working as part of a team. You must be hardworking and enjoy practical tasks.