Receptionist / Administrator - St Peter's Surgery
Woolston, Southampton • Closing Date: 31/03/2018
Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
Wage - £128 per week
St Peter's Surgery are looking for an apprentice Receptionist / Administrator, which could lead to a permanent position once the apprenticeship has been completed.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice, including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the senior receptionist/practice manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Opening up/locking up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations, and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required; loading and emptying the dishwasher and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
You need to be enthusiastic, dependable, work well under pressure, confidentiality aware, patient, friendly and with a good sense of humour.
You will require good communication skills, IT skills, general admin skills, a good telephone manner, and work well in a team as well as on your own.
5 GCSEs grade C/4 or above (including English and maths).