Southampton • Closing Date: 19/06/2017
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration
Hourly wage - £3.50
A fantastic opportunity to work as a Reception Apprentice in central Southampton with prospects to progress into Events / Marketing Administration, or alternatively into Facilities / Building Adminstration.
You will be the first point of contact for Central Hall through reception and Central Hall events.
The role will involve a variety of administrative duties including:
- Answering the main telephone and transferring calls where necessary
- Responding to general queries including dealing with visitors, deliveries and contractors
- Opening post, date stamping and distributing to staff
- Assisting the Operations team with filing and administrative tasks including use of company databases and Microsoft Office
- Recording data on estates and facilities database
- Booking visits from trade/contractors when needed
- Signing contractors in and out
- Signing keys in and out
- Assisting in the monitoring of the Central Hall parking facilities
- Recording initial event enquiries
- Checking availability and booking of rooms (for hire)
- Proactively chasing deposits and payments from hirers
- Recording changes in event details and communicating with relevant staff, contractors and hirers
- Welcoming hirers who are arriving for events, showing them to their room and ensuring that they have everything they need
- Good MS Word skills
- Good MS Excel skills
- Database experience
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good telephone manner
- Knowledge of social media
This role would suit a confident, reliable, highly organised and enthusiastic individual who is happy to get involved with a wide variety of tasks.
You will need to be sympathetic to all faiths and people from a variety of economic backgrounds and situations.
5 GCSEs grade D/3 or above (including English and maths)