Painting and Decorating Apprentice- CR Decor
Totton • Closing Date: 18/03/2019
Painting and Decorating Apprentice
£5 an hour.
To assist in all aspects of decorating, filling, sanding, prepping and painting. This will also include undercoating and glossing.
Roles and Responsibilies
You will assist the employer with lots of different aspects of Painting and Decorating.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- Measuring surface areas and working out how much paint or wall covering is needed
preparing the materials you need.
- Stripping off old wallpaper or layers of paint.
- Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level.
- Covering surfaces with primer and undercoat.
- Mixing paint to the right shade, often using computerised colour-matching equipment.
- Applying coats of paint, hanging wallpaper and adding special finishes like glazes or marbling.
- Tidying up after finishing, and cleaning your tools.
Basic Knowledge of preperation (Sanding and Filing) and assist in all painting.
A* to C in English and Maths.