IT Apprentice- No Limits
Southampton City Centre • Closing Date: 15/03/2019
IT Apprentice- No Limits in Southampton
£150 a week.
30 hours a week across 4 days (including 2 hours study time).
28 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata based on 37 hours FTE). Fixed term contract until for 18 months or until course completion, whichever is first.
• To work with the Systems Administrator to ensure smooth running of the Charity’s IT systems, on a daily basis.
• To work alone and with the Systems Administrator to have oversight of the IT infrastructure.
• To troubleshoot onsite IT issues.
• To setup, maintain and configure user accounts, licensing, hardware, peripherals, services, settings, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements and the organisation’s relationship with suppliers and support providers.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system administration tasks.
• Listen well to problems as described and communicate sensitively with colleagues about any hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with affected members of staff and service providers.
• To offer guidance and direction to staff on how to use various IT systems at No Limits.
• To keep records of incoming tasks and prioritise workload to work on own initiative, maintaining an awareness of deadlines and organisational requirements.
• To keep self and colleagues up to date with information, training and development opportunities appropriate to maintaining and developing professional service standards.To attend training and meetings as required and attend and participate in regular
• To ensure compliance with GDPR and Safeguarding requirements.
Policy and procedures:
• Demonstrate work practice that encompasses an appreciation and awareness of No
Limits policies and procedures and ensure all staff adheres to these practices.
• To be aware and demonstrate your responsibility under No Limits Health and Safety
Policy, and report hazards to the appropriate person.
• Ensure that services are delivered in line with relevant legislation, No Limits objectives
and policies including those relating to Equality & Diversity, Customer Care and Health
Finance / Administration:
• To ensure that the Finance Manager has all the relevant information required in relation
to time sheets, expenses and all moneys monthly or when required.
• To contribute to the monitoring and development of the Service by ensuring that
records are accurate, statistical data and financial information is maintained, and quality
assured in line with all relevant standardsGeneral:
• Undertake other duties as required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope
and grade of the post
• Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the safeguarding of children, young people and
• To attend training and meetings as required and attend and participate in regular
- Ability to positively engage with people in a variety of settings.
- Able to look up and find solutions to common IT issues.
- Demonstrate capacity for efficient administration.
- Demonstrate effective organisational skills ability to prioritise workload &have an organised approach, be methodical, neat, accurate and efficient.
- Good written and oral communication skills including attention to detail.
- Willingness to be open and admit when having difficulties with a situation or if something isn’t going to plan.
- Able to ask for help.
A* to C In English and Maths GCSE.
IT Experience will be benificial.