Infrastructure Design Technician - Hampshire County Council
Winchester • Closing Date: 28/07/2017
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering
Annual wage £15,622.88
Civil Engineering Technicians provide technical support to Engineers to design, build and manage construction projects on highway networks in Hampshire and for clients elsewhere in the county. These projects could be for new bypasses, bus priority corridors, motorway/trunk road interchanges or minor changes in alignment to the existing highway network.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Geometric Design - use of specialist infrastructure design software to produce 3D design models for use by the design team to produce drawings , schedules and estimates.
- Drawing Production – producing drawings with embedded data and associated schedules to support Engineers preparing contract documents.
- Visualisation – producing digital fixed, fly through and augment reality imagery.
- Building Information Modelling - assisting civil engineers and designers with the BIM environment.
- Site Support – to liaise with Engineers and Contractors building the projects to support geometric change when unforeseen issues arise on site requiring the design modification.
- Customers– communicating with customers/stakeholders via the telephone, letters and email
- Reports – writing and/or contributing to reports issued to customers/stakeholders.
- Production of 2D/3D design models
- Production of CAD drawings
- Production of digital visualisations
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Working as a member of a team
- Contributing to providing solutions to problems
- Working both in an office environment and on site.
Have good attention to detail
Be a good communicator
Desirable - GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C Design and Technology
We are looking for a conscientious, enthusiastic and highly motivated person who can demonstrate that they are reliable, responsible and hard working.
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C in English and Mathenatics.
Appreciation of Computer Design in 2D/3D.
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer's website, please follow the following link;