Hairdresser - Strands Hair Studio
Southampton • Closing Date: 30/07/2017
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
Weekly wage £131.25
The apprentice plays a critical role in the salon and you will be expected to help create a positive and friendly environment for our customers by preparing them for their stylist.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Meeting and greeting clients and making them feel welcome in the salon
- Providing clients with refreshments, magazines and gowns
- Shampooing clients hair and applying treatments if directed
- Assisting stylists in providing hair services where required
- General salon tidying, cleaning and sweeping hair throughout the day
- Learning to promote additional services and/or products
- Attending in-house staff training and workshops/demonstrations
- Assisting with general health and safety salon requirements, policies and procedures
- Any other duties to help the stylists in the running of the salon
No hairdressing experience is necessary, what is more important is your ability to show a real passion and desire for your chosen career. Being able to show a basic understanding of the industry and the role of the apprentice will help your application and your interview if you are shortlisted.
Must be well presented, reliable and punctual, enthusiastic and keen to learn, can show initiative and be proactive and most importantly be absolutely focused on providing high quality customer care
GCSEs A*C (9-4) in Maths and English Language would be desirable but Es and above will be accepted.
Level 1/2 Functional Skills in Maths and English will also be accepted.