Early Years Apprenticeship- Kids Love Nature Ltd
Winchester • Closing Date: 14/06/2018
Early Years Apprentice
£168.00 - £313.20 a week.
Do you have a love for children and want to gain a qualification whilst working? At Kids Love Nature we are looking for people who can inspire our children and have a love for learning. You will be working with children aged from 2 years - 5 years.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Preparing and maintaining the kindergarten
- Letting the manager know when new supplies when needed
- Ensuring that safeguarding and health and safety procedures are being followed at all times
- Treating each child as a unique individual
- Supporting new children in settling into the environment as appropriate
- Planning and presenting activities to the children, based on their interests and developmental needs
- Changing nappies and clothing as needed, and assisting with toilet learning as appropriate
- Contributing to the completion of records such as accident, incident and medical forms
- Working alongside the nursery management and colleagues to ensure that the Company’s philosophy
- and standards are fulfilled
- Respecting the importance of working in partnership with parents at all times
- Communicating about a child’s time at nursery at dropoff and collection times or referring the parent to a
- colleague who can help
- Attending parent meetings and parent talks
- Acting as a role model at all times in behaviour, manner and apprearance
The chosen candidate should have a resilient and flexible approach to deal with unforeseen events and will have an approachable manner with excellent communication skills, both oral and written. We would expect them to have the ability to ensure tasks are completed in a timely and effective manner
The candidate will foremost have a love for the outdoors, they will be an active individual who can work well within a team. Being punctual, professional and confident is key for this role.
This position requires the ability to perform the following job requirements:
- Sitting on the floor
- Twisting at the waist
- Raising arms above the head
- Rising from kneeling/sitting position
- Lifting and carrying children up to the age of 6
For the intermediate (level 2) apprenticeship no previous qualifications are required. You will have an assessment to ensure you have the skills required.