City College Southampton - Business Administration Apprenticeship
Central Southampton • Closing Date: 15/08/2022
City College Student Recruitment Apprentice – Business Administration Apprenticeship
The vacancy code for this apprenticeship is VAC1000070671. Please make sure you fill this in when applying so the recruitment coordinator can ensure you are put forward for the correct vacancy.
Location: Central Southampton
Wage: £15,000 per annum, plus generous holiday allowance
Hours of work: 37 hours per week with one hour lunch break each day. Some flexibility regarding working hours is essential to deal with non-routine requirements
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for you to join our dedicated Admissions team to support with our recruitment of students. Although mainly office based, you will also cover Reception when required and support with events at the College and at secondary schools across Southampton.
As a Business Admin apprentice, you will be mentored by a dedicated and qualified member of the Admissions team and you will develop your professional skills whilst learning in your role. You will be flexible and adaptable, spending time in different departments, and shadowing other job roles, to gain an understanding of the whole organisation.
Reporting to the Student Recruitment Team Leader, you will be required to undertake numerous tasks to support with the recruitment of students and to provide a high standard of customer service, including:
- Process and monitor course applications and interview schedules
- Monitor and analyse regular application reports, assessing and progressing applications in accordance with College procedures and service level agreements
- Guide new students through the admissions process, dealing with face to face enquiries, telephone calls, and e-mail communications
- Work directly with teachers and learning managers to ensure that all necessary pre-enrolment information is received and recorded as required
- Help coordinate school liaison activity and events
- Attend internal recruitment events (e.g. College open evenings) and external careers fairs (e.g. school careers fairs), working flexibly and independently as events are often during evenings, early mornings and sometimes at weekends
- Enable recruitment and guidance procedures to be carried out in line with best practice guidelines with regard to safeguarding, equality and diversity
- Ensure that the student experience as a City College applicant is outstanding
- Help advise students in their choices for education
- Cover or support main College reception as and when required
Skills and personal qualities required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good initiative to resolve problems
- A thorough methodical and committed approach to working
- Good attention to detail
- Time management
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Commitment to outstanding service
- Reliable and approachable
- Work effectively within a team
- Have a passion for education, training and the development of others
- Be prepared for further study and realistic about the amount of work that is required
Candidate entry requirements:
You must be educated to Level 2 or above, including GCSE grades C/4 in English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications. A full, clean driving license is preferred.
Please note this is a full-time post (not term-time) and that the pattern of work in the Admissions Team means that holidays may not be taken mid-August to mid-September.
The vacancy closes on Wednesday 15th August and interviews will take place on Wednesday 24th August. Please ensure you are available on this date.
This is your opportunity to make your mark in a rewarding further education environment. In return, you'll get a good salary, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays pro rata, Local Government Pension and benefits package, and great career progression and development opportunities.
All shortlisted applicants are required to complete a self-declaration and disclosure form prior to interview. Satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and medical clearance will be required for successful job candidates.
City College Southampton is committed to providing an environment where students, staff and all members of the College community can feel safe and secure.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th August 2022
To apply for this vacancy, please use the Apply Now button at the top.
Should you apply using the Send in your CV form below, the vacancy code for this apprenticeship is VAC1000070671. This will ensure you are put forward for the correct vacancy.