Chef - Bridgeway Cafe
Bridgeway Cafe, Southampton • Closing Date: 20/08/2017
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering
Weekly wage £140.00
Bridgeway Cafe are looking for an Apprentice Chef to work in their busy cafe. The apprentice plays a critical role in the kitchen brigade and the role provides an excellent start in training for your chef career under the guidance of the Head Chef.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Helping to prepare and produce a wide range of hot and cold meals.
- Help to keep the kitchen clean and tidy, maintaining high hygiene and food safety standards.
- Assist with completing kitchen documentation/stock control.
- Actively use your creativity by contributing to menu ideas.
- Provide general chef assistance as directed by the chef team.
Previous experience of working in a commercial kitchen environment would be an advantage but not essential. More important is your ability to show a real passion and desire for wanting to train as a chef, Being able to show a basic understanding of the industry and the role of the apprentice will help your application and your interview if you are shortlisted.
Must have a high standard of personal hygiene, reliable and punctual, enthusiastic and keen to learn, can show initiative and be proactive and most importantly be able to work well in a team
GCSE Maths & English A-C / 4-9