Building Services Engineering Apprentice- Logistical Building Services (Electrical) Ltd
Main Office will be in Swanwick moving to Waltham Chase in January 2019. • Closing Date: 03/08/2018
Building Services Engineer Apprentice
£12,000 to £15,000 a year, depending on age and experience
Opportunity to join a well-established Plumbing & Electrical Contractors as an office based apprentice, the majority of our award winning sites are located in London and site visits will be part of your role. You will be shadowing two Contract Mangers and learning key skills from them including project estimating, design development, health & safety paperwork, operating and maintenance manuals, site and office control systems.
As a company we take the Health, Safety and Welfare of our employees very seriously and pride ourselves in having a happy working environment. As part of our team you will be included in bi-annual staff functions where both the office and site employees have the opportunity to get to know each other.
Job Role & Responsibilities
As a building services engineer apprentice you will work with a team of engineers and other professionals in the construction industry to design, install and commission both plumbing and electrical elements of dwellings. These typically include systems such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, district energy centres, drainage, lighting, power, to deliver buildings which meet the needs of the people that use them.
- Assist estimating team in producing project tenders by submitting quotation requests, taking off material requirements from tender drawings and producing Excel schedules as required.
- Develop designs for value engineering benefits to the client, looking for similar products with equivalent technical capabilities for lower prices to help with budget constraints.
- General sizing calculations for building services.
- Contributing to providing solutions to design issues on tender drawings.
- Produce Health & Safety manuals and paperwork for sites, full training will be given by external consultants for this element of the role.
- Assist Contract Mangers with project ordering using established systems and procedures.
- Site surveys
- Collate and produce Operating and Maintenance manuals for each project, training given in house.
- Supporting the administration of projects.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good Literacy skills.
- A knowledge of the following would be beneficial Microsoft Word & Excel, CAD
5 GCSEs grade C or above. If you do not have maths or English you will complete functional skills as part of your apprenticeship.