Building Services Design Technician Apprentice-Logistical Building Services (Electrical) Ltd
Main Office will be in Swanwick moving to Waltham Chase in January 2019. • Closing Date: 04/08/2018
Building Services Design Technician Apprentice
£12,000 to £15,000 depending on age and experience.
Opportunity to join a well-established Plumbing & Electrical Contractors as an office based apprentice, the majority of our award winning sites are located in London and site visits will be part of your role. You will be shadowing two Design Engineers and learning key skills from them including design development using CAD, design compliance with latest legislation, As Built Drawings and office control systems.
As a company we take the Health, Safety and Welfare of our employees very seriously and pride ourselves in having a happy working environment. As part of our team you will be included in bi-annual staff functions where both the office and site employees have the opportunity to get to know each other.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a building services design technician apprentice you will work with a team of engineers and other professionals in the construction industry to design, install and commission both plumbing and electrical elements of dwellings. These typically include systems such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, district energy centres, drainage, lighting, power, to deliver buildings which meet the needs of the people that use them.
- Assist estimating team in downloading and organising tender drawing submittals and updates as required.
- Develop designs to meet current legislation and building requirements.
- General sizing calculations for building services.
- Contributing to providing solutions to design issues on tender drawings.
- Co-ordination with client and engineers about drawing updates and alterations.
- Produce schedules of drawing updates and alterations for Commercial team to be able to price.
- Site surveys
- Produce As Built Drawings for each project, training given in house.
- Supporting the administration of projects.
- Good Maths Skills
- Good Literacy skills
- A knowledge of the following would be beneficial Microsoft Word & Excel, CAD
5 GCSEs grade C or above. If you do not have maths or English you will complete functional skills as part of your apprenticeship.