Boat Joiner - Oyster Yachts
Southampton • Closing Date: 31/07/2017
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Boatbuilding
Weekly Wage £143.60
Oyster Yachts are looking for an apprentice Boat Joiner to join their busy Saxon Wharf team. You will work on your basic handskills and when competent move to begin work on the building of yachts.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Experience in the yacht fit out, apprenticeship referred but not essential
- Own a good range of hand tools
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- Able to problem solve and work to a high standard.
- Able to select materials of good/correct quality at the correct standard.
- Ability to work with vinyl
- Able to use machinery and hand tools correctly and safely
- Ability to feedback product improvements
- Ability to plan work with other trades
- To be a valued member of the joinery team and undertake any other duties that may assist the department, Oyster Marine or the Oyster Group
- Ongoing Punctuality
- Good communication skills
- Hard working, truthful and conscientious
- Polite and respectful to their friends/colleagues, no matter their age or status
- Feel they would have the confidence and ability to work alone or within a group once the relevant training has been received
Grade A-C GCSE results including Maths and English, or equivalent.