Apprentice Nursery Nurse- Early Years Apprentice
Bishops Waltham • Closing Date: 07/06/2019
Early Years Apprentice
£3.90 Per Hour.
Monday to Friday Term-Time with 30 minute lunch break.
This will include college attendance. Hours will be 8am until 3pm or 9am until 4pm on a rota basis.
To learn all the skills of a nursery nurse whilst training toward a Level 2 Early Years Apprenticeship.
Duties will include caring for children, learning from your peers and being supported by the Early Years team and dedicated study periods.
Having fun whilst learning. GCSE in English, Maths and ICT desired.
Any experience caring for young children is a bonus
Roles and Responsibilities
● Primary activities are to engage directly with children whilst working as part of the Early Years Team and as directed by the staff and management with any age group within the Nursery.
● Being aware of the individual needs of the children, participate in a full curriculum, providing activities which actively promote children’s development that are stimulating, varied and fun, whilst strive to meet these needs within the Nursery provision.
● Promote a positive sense of racial and cultural identity, understanding, respecting and sharing ethnic and cultural differences. Ensuring all activities reflect positively the linguistic, religious and cultural diversity of the community and equality on gender, race and culture.
● Maintaining and encouraging good relationships with the nursery, liaising with and supporting parents and other family members. Ensure parents are regularly involved, informed and consulted.
● Being vigilant at all times regarding the physical and emotional welfare and security of all children, bringing to the attention of the Nursery Manager/Deputy, anything about a child that gives
cause for concern.
● Implementation of Health and Safety routines and reporting any safety or health hazard immediately to senior member of staff within the room.
● Ensuring that all the children are attended at all times.
● Ensuring that arrival and departure procedures are followed, that children are welcomed on arrival and are fit to attend.
● To keep up with studies and to regularly liaise with your college and or tutors as required.
● Maintaining the highest professional standards at all times, in your contact with the children, parents, visitors and other staff.
● Keeping confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other members of staff which is learnt as part of your responsibilities.
● Adhering to policies laid down by Lordswood Community Pre-School and Statutory requirement in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
● Implement all Nursery Policies, procedures and practices.
● Carry out any further tasks as and when directed by senior staff.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to working and learning.
- Sense of humour and a willingness to learn.
A* to C in English and Maths.