Apprentice Nursery Nurse-Busikids Ltd
Hedge End • Closing Date: 12/06/2019
Early Years Apprentice
£4.28 per hour
9am - 5pm Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch.
To learn all the skills of a nursery nurse whilst training toward NVQ 2/3.Duties will include caring for children of all ages, learning from your peers and being supported by the Busikids team and dedicated study periods.
GCSE in English and Maths required. Any experience caring for young children is a bonus.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Primary activities are to engage directly with children whilst working as part of the Busikids staff team and as directed by the staff and management with any age group within the Nursery.
- Being aware of the individual needs of the children, participate in a full curriculum , providing activities which actively promote children’s development that are stimulating, varied and fun, whilst strive to meet these needs within the Nursery provision.
- Promote a positive sense of racial and cultural identity, understanding, respecting and sharing ethnic and cultural differences. Ensuring all activities reflect positively the linguistic, religious and cultural diversity of the community and equality on gender, race and culture.
- Maintaining and encouraging good relationships with the nursery, liaising with and supporting parents and other family members. Ensure parents are regularly involved, informed and consulted.
- Being vigilant at all times regarding the physical and emotional welfare and security of all children, bringing to the attention of the Nursery Manager/Deputy, anything about a child that gives cause for concern.
- Implementation of Health and Safety routines and reporting any safety or health hazard immediately to senior member of staff within the room.
- Ensuring that all the children are attended at all times.
- Ensuring that arrival and departure procedures are followed, that children are welcomed on arrival and are fit to attend.
- Undertaking domestic tasks as required, i.e. preparing and serving food, other kitchen duties, cleaning of equipment, laundry duties. To promote the good working of the room and care of the children.
- To keep up with studies and to regularly liaise with your college and or tutors as required
- Maintaining the highest professional standards at all times, in your contact with the children, parents, visitors and other staff.
- Keeping confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other members of staff which is learnt as part of your responsibilities
- Adhering to policies laid down by Busikids Ltd and Statutory requirement in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Implement all Nursery Policies, procedures and practices.
- Carry out any further tasks as and when directed by senior staff.
- Common sense
- Willingness to learn and do well in their studies
- Genuine love of children
- Loyalty and commitment
- A sense of humour
A* to C in English and Maths