Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Northam, Southampton • Closing Date: 11/04/2017
Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare
Annual wage - £12,061 - £12,337
Southampton City Council - Start Point are looking to take on an enthusiastic and caring team member, ready to take on this challenging and rewarding training role within our Day Nursery at Start Point Northam.
- To assist to provide a stimulating and varied programme of play activities for children (0-5) that support the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage and the Early Years Outcomes in Start Point Northam
- To assist the team to ensure the play activities and environment meet the objectives of Start Point Northam Policies
- To work as part of a team planning and evaluating early years sessions
- You will be an enthusiastic and caring team member, ready to take on this challenging and rewarding training role within our Day Nursery
- To be a positive role model when engaging with children and parents/carers, in order to promote the development of social, emotional and communication skills in young children
- To undertake any other duties that fall reasonably within the role of the post which may be allocated after consultation with the successful applicant e.g. take part in special events, meetings, outings and visits.
5 GCSEs grade D/3 or above (if you do not have maths or English you will complete functional skills as part of your apprenticeship)