Apprentice Heating & Mechanical Engineer - Advanced Control Solutions (ACS)
Woking • Closing Date: 13/06/2018
Heating & Mechanical Engineer Apprentice
£4.20 per hour
ACS provide plumbing, heating & gas services to local domestic and commercial clients within an approximate 50 mile radius from our office. We carry out servicing, repairs, maintenance, installation and reactive works.
We are looking for an Apprentice to commence college on a day a week course working towards a Level 2 NVQ with the option to progress to a Level 3 NVQ. The remainder of the week will be spent gaining practical experience, assisting, working and learning the trade alongside one of our experienced, qualified engineers.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
Starting as a gas apprentice working directly for ACS under a qualified mentor and supervisor, you will be learning a wide range of skills including how to install, service and maintain:
- Leaking or burst pipes
- Boiler breakdowns
- Central heating repairs
- Gas fired central heating
- Vented & Unvented hot water
- Pumps, valves, radiators & pipework
- General plumbing services
- Annual servicing
- Landlord certificates
- Heating installation
- Principles of heating system design
- System cleansing / flushing
- Underfloor heating
- Solar water heating
Working with a high degree of responsibility, you will, in time, learn all the skills required to qualify as an Advanced Gas Apprentice enabling you to become Gas Safe Registered.
- Full clean driving licence is required
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Word and other modern applications
- Good at working with your hands
- Prepared for a physically demanding job, working in a variety of environments, often on-site, at heights and in all sorts of weather
- Able to work on your own and as part of a team
- Able to follow safety instructions given by persons of authority
- There are no prerequisites on knowledge or experience. The job holder is expected to learn in the role
Minimum of 5 GCSE results (A*-C/9-4) or equivalents. English and Maths would be desirable.
Some commercial work experience will be an advantage