Apprentice Electrician- City College Southampton
Southampton • Closing Date: 13/08/2018
£14,038 a year.
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm. Friday 8am to 4pm.
37.5 hours per week.
1 hour for lunch.
Occasional weekend and evening working to assist with covering events and maintenance contractors.
The apprentice will be working within the Estates Team mentored by a fully qualified electrician and maintenance technician. They will report to the Health, Safety & Estates Team Leader.
To learn the skills needed to carry out electrical installations, inspection and testing and planned preventative electrical maintenance including data cabling, faults diagnosis and repair on a variety of mechanical/electrical plant and equipment.
Job role & responsibilities
- Undertaking installations, inspections and testing of all electrical appliances and equipment throughout College premises.
- Carry out modifications and alterations to lighting and power supplies.
- Carry out installation of data networks
- Identify, report and repair faults
- Adhere to safe working practices without endangering themselves or others and ensure work on electrical systems is safe to use on completion.
- Assists in the maintenance and regular updating of all equipment.
- Respond to requests made via the helpdesk, liaising with your supervisor prior to work.
- Flexible approach with a willingness to learn
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work without constant supervision
A*-C in English and Maths