Apprentice Electrician-1st Connection Electrical Services
Christchurch • Closing Date: 07/06/2019
Apprentice Electrician- 1st Connection Electrical Services
£4.25 per hour starting wage. Reviews are undertaken by the company, subject to knowledge and experience.
We will increase your pay in increments as you complete your qualifications throughout the course.
On final completion of the apprenticeship additional training will be provided on inspecting and testing, once this has taken place your pay will be £14.00 per hour. Pay will rise accordingly with responsibility levels.
Monday – Friday 08.00am – 5.00pm
We are a family run business so are flexible with hours for example at some point you may be required to finish later one night, we will make sure you recover those hours, either a later start or early finish.
The opportunity to receive on-the-job training and to gain the experience, knowledge and qualifications to become a skilled electrician in the domestic and commercial sector. A wide variety of installation and maintenance tasks taking place over different sites.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Wiring of new circuits/installations, this will include design at later stages.
- Fault diagnosis and rectification of existing installations.
- Testing and commissioning of new installations upon completion.
- Electrical installation condition reports and subsequent remedial work. We are looking to train an approachable, technically skilled person to a high standard, that person will work on site daily with the business owner learning the trade as well as our business. Daily contact will be with myself however the business partner will always be available to support administration needs as required.
- Self-motivated, flexible approach to work; disciplined, organised and have a can-do attitude.
- Health & safety awareness.
- The ability to use initiative, and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
They will need A* to C in Maths and English GCSE.
The equivilent to this will be a 4+ in the new GCSE grading or a L2 Functional Skills.
As it is a L3 Apprenticeship, we cannot accept anyone who has not got any of these qualifications.