Apprentice Building Services Engineer- Morgan Sindall Plc
Poole • Closing Date: 12/06/2018
Apprentice Building Services Engineer
37.5 hours Monday – Friday, shifts to be arranged.
You will work on a wide range of different construction projects from smaller discrete activities, up to multi million pound contracts.
Apprentices will be mentored by a dedicated and qualified member of the team and you’ll develop whilst learning in your role. You will be flexible and adaptable, spending time in different departments to gain an understanding of the whole business across the region.
Job role & responsibilities
- Understanding client briefs and developing the services scope of work
- Liaising with consultants and contractors for design development
- Undertaking compliance checking against the contract documents and industry standards, installation compliance and quality audits
- Assisting with management of commissioning and handover of the building services systems
- Being part of the pre-construction and production teams
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good initiative to resolve problems
- A thorough methodical and committed approach to working
- Team working skills
- Follow instructions and be self-motivated
- Good numerical maths skills
- Manage your own time
- Be able to research and apply the outcomes
- Be able to monitor and follow programmes and schedules
- Flexible attitude
- Reliable and approachable
- Have a passion for a career in the construction industry
- Be prepared for further study and realistic about the amount of work that is required
- Work effectively within a team
- Willingness to achieve a professional qualification
- A sense of humour!
Grade A-C in Maths and English