Apprentice Boat Builder- FIBRE Mechanics Ltd
Lymington • Closing Date: 03/07/2018
Boat Building Apprentice
Starting at £4.50 per hour.
This is a hands-on role where apprentices will be involved with all aspects of building boats and yachts, including mould preparation, making structures, assembling structures, fitting out and finishing.
The apprentice would be part of the production team and reporting to their relevant line manager. Apprentices will be hands-on in production and taught how to read technical drawings and information, involved with preparing moulds and patterns, making hulls, decks and structures, assembling component parts, basic fitting out and finishing. Apprentices would use a variety of different resins, fabrics and cores, using different processing techniques applicable to the task.
- Reliable, punctual and honest.
- Has basic hand skills.
- Can process and take in lots of different information.
- Self-motivating and self-starting.
- Team player, able to work with others and take instructions
- Disciplined and well Organised
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Has a basic understanding of business acumen.
- Someone willing to get stuck-in and work hard.
- Someone that is flexible in what they do, has the ability to change task regularly or do the same task again and again.
- Able to mix with others and take shop floor banter.