Admin Assistant/Receptionist - Woolston Lodge Surgery
Woolston, Southampton • Closing Date: 14/07/2017
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
Wage - £140 per week
Woolston Lodge Surgery are looking for an apprentice Administration Assistant / Reception, which could lead to a permanent position once the apprenticeship has been completed.
Job Role & Responsibilities
You will be required to maintain an efficient high level of service in clerical and administrative procedures within the Practice and according to printed procedures relevant to the role, and to provide a major source of communication between patient and GP.
Main reception duties:
- Receiving and routing patients
- Dealing with patient enquiries and making appointments
- Ensure that the surgery (doctors' rooms and waiting rooms) are to the required standard to receive patients
Main clerical duties:
- Open post, date stamp, scan and distribute as appropriate
- Data entry on to patients Medical Record
- Document scanning
- Use Word Processing & Spreasheet software to produce documents as required
- Sending and retrieving emails
- Use the Practice telephone system as per the Practice Standards
You must be a motivated, conscientious person who has good time management skills.
You will require good communication skills, be able to prioritise, and work well in a team.
5 GCSEs grade C/4 or above (including English and maths). GCSE in IT is also desirable but not essential.