Providing career focused courses, apprenticeships and education
City College Southampton is a general further education college in Hampshire, providing career led courses, apprenticeships and education for young people and adults.
Located in the centre of Southampton the campus has invested in new facilities and equipment, allowing students to learn and work in real life working environments using industry standard equipment. Students can use this experience to start, build and develop their careers beyond education.
The College offers:
- Study Programmes - professional, technical and creative courses for school leavers (for progression to university or work)
- Apprenticeships for young people and adults
- Adult full-time and part-time courses, including distance learning and higher education
- Professional training and CPD for businesses through short courses, adult learning and higher education
City College has particular specialisms in Marine, Engineering, Construction, Hospitality, Travel and Tourism and the Creative and Performing Arts. The college has close links with employers in the city resulting in our students having excellent access to jobs, apprenticeship vacancies and work experience.
The College is very easy to get to as it is in the centre of Southampton with excellent transport links by bus, train, ferry, bike or car. The city centre shops, cafes and amenities are all within a 15 minute walk through parks from the college.
City College aspires to be a college which is recognised as:
- Expert in career-led education and training
- First choice for students, parents and employers
- A key partner in the development of skills in Southampton and the Solent
- Outstanding in all that we do
- Learning is the heart of all we do
- We strive for success
- We aspire for everyone to achieve their full potential
- We share our good ideas with each other
- We treat each other with respect and dignity
- We celebrate our successes
14-16 Education - Schools Provision
We also work with schools throughout Southampton and Hampshire in providing opportunities and improving the choices of young people aged 14-16.
National 16 to 18 performance tables
In January 2020 the Department for Education published the latest performance information relating to school and college examination results in the summer of 2019. The Government has announced it will not publish any school or college level educational performance data based on tests, assessments or exams for 2020.