City College Vision and Mission
City College Southampton exists to provide a high quality service of education, training and promotion of learning.
Strategic Statement 2010-15
Please see our latest Strategic Statement for 2010-15.
The college will thereby:
- Increase the life opportunities of individuals and the productivity of organisations
- Strengthen the development and employability of individuals and employees
- Support the progression of individuals through further education into employment and higher education
- Contribute to the growth and economic development of the region through our curriculum offer
- Our learners are at the centre of what we do
- The learning success of our students and staff is critical to our success as a college
- Every member of the college community is treated with respect and dignity and is valued equally
- We work with partners who help us achieve our goals and share our aims
- Every student is enrolled on the right course for them
- We conduct our work with openness and transparency
- Innovation and creativity are encouraged in a supportive work environment
- Student Achievement
The college will aim to ensure that students achieve their qualification, progress and reach their potential.
- Community and other Partnerships
The college will play a dynamic role in its partnerships with local communities and other organisations which share its vision.
- Specialised Training and Skills Development
The college aims to be recognised as a centre of excellence for professional, technical and skills training.
The college has identified the following strategic themes for the period 2010-15:
- Leadership - Dynamic, effective governance and management
- Economic Importance - Employer and Business Engagement
- Valuing Diversity - Equality of Opportunity and Access
- Workforce Development - Professional, Technical and Skills Training
- Learner Experience - Cutting Edge Methods and Infrastructure
- Knowledge Economy - Focus on Higher Level Skills
- Regional Importance - Working for Southampton and South Hampshire
- Success for All - Learner Achievement and Staff Development