Health and Social Care
We run a number of courses in Health, Social Care and Counselling. We offer City & Guilds, EDEXCEL, EDI and distance learning qualifications.
Do you work in care?
We offer part time Health and Social Care Diploma courses at a variety of levels to link to your working role.
- Level 1 – for those not working in the care industry and the unemployed to gain essential knowledge to progress to Level 2. It consists of five mandatory units taught in College and does not require a work placement
- Level 2 – for those working directly with service users and a minimum of 6 months care experience
- Level 3 – for senior carers with supervisory responsibility
- Leadership and Management Certificate – for managers in health and social care to meet CQC requirements
Levels 2 and 3 follow a common framework with core units that include:
- Introduction to Communication
- Introduction to personal development in health
- social care Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
Then a pathway can be followed according to your area i.e. Early Years, Learning Disabilities, Dementia Care etc.
If you're aged 24 or over and starting a further education course at level 3 or above you may qualify for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan. It's easy to apply for and you won't have to pay anything back until your income is over £21,000 a year.