Professional and Career Development Loan
Students who are not eligible for SFA funding, a Student Loan or any other funding, may be entitled to a Professional and Career Development Loan. With a Professional and Career Development Loan, learners have the option to borrow up to £10,000 from a participating bank to support the cost of learning that improves their career or salary prospects. Students can benefit from a fixed interest rate repayment of the loan, this can be competitive compared with other commercial unsecured loans. Students are also allowed to have up to £16,000 of savings and still be eligible for a loan.
Please be aware that financial support schemes can be subject to Government change.
- Do I need to pay for my course?
- If you're aged 16-18
- If you're 19+ and studying in further education
- If you are over 24 (24 plus loans)
- If you're on a Higher Education course
- Tax credits and benefits
- Professional and Career Development Loan
- What payment methods are accepted?
- Fee Payment Options
- Useful Contact Details
- Education Funding Agency