About the course:
City Business offer the PRINCE2® Practitioner course in association with SPOCE Project Management Ltd. The course is delivered by experienced lecturers drawing on real life project management issues.
The PRINCE2® Practitioners course conforms to the syllabus set down by APMG (the examination administration body) for delegates wishing to gain the PRINCE2® practitioner certificate. This is a two-day course with the examination on the second day.
Who Will Benefit?
This course has been specifically designed for candidates holding the PRINCE2® Foundation certificate who now wish to take the next step and become a registered PRINCE2® practitioner. It is also suitable for registered practitioners wishing to take the PRINCE2® re-registration exam (required every 3 to 5 years).
Others might include:
- Project managers who need to apply the method, or who wish to assess its applicability for their project or across their organisation.
- Business managers who are tasked with undertaking a project.
- Programme managers wishing to understand how PRINCE2® operates.
- Project team leaders, project support personnel and project auditors will benefit from the practical insight offered by this course into the flexible application of PRINCE2®.
- Project office managers who wish to gain a detailed understanding of the method with a view to implementing it throughout their organisation.
- Consultants who require the qualification and an understanding of PRINCE2®, in order to successfully apply the method for their clients.
The course is delivered in an entertaining and highly interactive manner with many real life examples used to illustrate the subject. There is a high degree of delegate participation, examination preparation and practice.
This course contains thefollowing units:
- Introduction to Preparation for the Practitioner Examination
- Examination; Format;
- Examination Procedure; Hints & Tips
- Typical Topics for Preparation and individual practical work include:
- Process Planning
- Business Case
- The Exam - Final Hints & Tips
Delegates must have completed and pased the PRINCE2® Foundation course prior to doing the Practitioner level.
All equipment will be supplied by City Business.
This course is assessed by way of a two and a half hour examination held on the 2nd day of the course. The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is in the "Objective Testing" format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination. There are 9 questions per paper with 12 marks available per question – all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 108. It is an open-book examination (only the PRINCE2 Manual is allowed).
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of the Cabinet Office.
City Business Southampton are affiliates to SPOCE an APMG Accredited Training Organisation and our trainers are APMG Accredited Trainers, it is the responsibility of both SPOCE and City Business Southampton to ensure that all training programmes, course materials and examinations comply with the APMG certification scheme.