About the course:
PRINCE2® is the project management methodology in the UK and is being increasingly adopted in Europe and around the world.
Organisations using PRINCE2® are now demanding that their project staff hold the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification. This gives them the assurance that their projects will be effectively managed under PRINCE2®, and also provides a valuable addition to the CV of the holders of this qualification.
City Business offer the PRINCE2® Foundation course in association with SPOCE Project Management Ltd. The PRINCE2® Foundation course is designed by experts to give you the best possible preparation for exam success and allow you to progress to the PRINCE2™ Practitioner qualification later on.
Who Will Benefit?
Anybody working in a PRINCE2® environment wanting to demonstrate their in-depth knowledge of PRINCE2® will find this course essential. Specific roles that will benefit include:
- Project managers - who wish to gain knowledge of PRINCE2®, perhaps with a view to taking the Practitioner certificate at a later date.
- Team Managers - who are working in a PRINCE2® project and need to understand the approach to be effective.
- Project Support personnel - who will be supporting a PRINCE2® project.
- Team members - who will be contributing deliverables to a PRINCE2® project.
- Senior Managers and Project Board personnel - who need to understand their roles and demonstrate leadership by taking the same qualifications as their staff.
- Project Assurance and Project Audit staff - who need to understand the PRINCE2™ approach in order to execute their responsibilities effectively.
- Consultants - wishing to demonstrate credibility to their clients.
- Programme Management personnel - whose projects are managed using PRINCE2® and need to understand the method.
- Anybody wishing to assess the suitability of PRINCE2® to their projects.
The units covered by this course are as follows:
- Structured Approach To Managing Projects
- The Process-Based Approach
- Business Case
- Practical Work
- Support Services & Commercial Partnerships
The course is delivered in an entertaining and highly interactive manner with many real life examples used to illustrate the subject. There is a high degree of delegate participation, examination preparation and practise.
There are no specific prerequisites for attending, but delegates are sent a copy of the manual prior to the course, and pre-reading dramatically increases the chance of success.
All equipment will be supplied by City Business.
The Foundation examination is multiple-choice and of one hour duration. There are 75 questions, including 5 trial questions not counted in scores, 35 marks are required out of the 70 available to pass. It is in closed-book format.
Successful candidates may progress on to the PRINCE2® Practitioner course also run by City Business. For further details, please contact 023 8057 7426 or email email@example.com.
This is a three-day course, with the Foundation examination at the end of day three.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of the Cabinet Office.
City Business Southampton are affiliates to SPOCE an APMG Accredited Training Organisation and our trainers are APMG Accredited Trainers, it is the responsibility of both SPOCE and City Business Southampton to ensure that all training programmes, course materials and examinations comply with the APMG certification scheme.