Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the entry requirements for my course?
On each Course Information Page there is an "Entry Requirement" heading that will give you your answer.
2. What date is the start of term?
Autumn Term 2012
Mon 3rd Sep 2012 - Fri 21st Dec 2012
Half Term: Mon 29th Oct 2012 - Fri 2nd Nov 2012
Spring Term 2013
Mon 7th Jan 2013 - Thu 28th Mar 2013
Half Term: Mon 18th Feb 2013 - Fri 22nd Feb 2013
Summer Term 2013
Mon 15th Apr 2013 - Fri 19th Jul 2013
Half Term: Mon 27th May 2013 - Fri 31st May 2013
3. What are your opening times?
There are different opening times for different departments.
Term Time: Monday - Thursday 8am-9pm and Friday 8am-4.30pm
Information, Advice and Guidance
Term Time: Monday - Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm and Friday 8.30am-4pm
To Enrol/Pay fees
Term Time: Monday - Thursday 9am-4.30pm and Friday 9am-4pm
4. How do I get to City College/where are you?
Report to "Reception" who will direct you to where you need to go. Here is a guide to getting to the campus How to get to City College
5. When is the next Open Day?
For a list of all our open and recruitment events, please see Events
6. How do I apply for my course?
For all the details you need to apply, click here
7. How do I book a course interview?
You must first make your application on-line and you will then be invited in for your interview. For more information please follow this application process
8. What are my fees if I am on benefits?
Please click onto the following link for information regarding any possible fee reductions
9. I can't pay my fees all at once - how can you help?
It is possible to pay for some Course fees in Instalments, by Direct Debit. Please ask one of our advisors for details of this facility prior to enrolment.
10. Is there any financial support for my kit or uniform?
There is a Discretionary Learner Support Fund administered by the college to help with costs of study ie kit, uniform, books, childcare etc for more details check our financial support pages
11. What evidence/id do I need to bring before I can enrol?
If you are a New Student you will need to bring your Passport, Home Office evidence or Birth Certificate before you can be enrolled. If you are under 19 yrs old you need to bring your GCSE certificates as evidence from school.
12. Can I have the booking number to make an appointment for Restaurant Aspire or Kudos Hair & Beauty Salons?
Please click the following link for these details Commercial