Life at City College
We want your time at City College to be as fun and stimulating as possible.
As well as your studies, we encourage you to take part in activities that will help you to enjoy your time here, make new friends and find out about things not necessarily related to your course.
We have a dedicated Activities Officer, who helps organise all the activities but if you have your own ideas for a new club or activity then he can help make it happen.
Activities arranged for this year include:
- Student organised charity events - previous students have had their hair shaved off for Comic Relief by willing hair students!
- Indian drumming workshop
- Learn to swim taster session
- Environmental clear up (with Hampshire Wildlife Trust)
- Bell ringing
- Go-Karting (small fee)
- Paintball (small fee)
- First Aid - learn the basics, you could save someone's life
- Taster Sailing session
- Dry Slope Skiing
- Self defence
- Radio Club - ever wanted to be a radio DJ or producer? Get involved at college and consider volunteering at Hospital Radio in Southampton
- Journalism Club
Be a member of the Student Council and help make decisions about how the college is run. The Council meets every term and you will gain skills in debating and expressing opinions.
Southampton has a wide range of student accommodation near to the college and the international officer can guide you towards finding somewhere to meet your needs and budget. There is a lively and friendly social programme to help you make new friends and enjoy your time at City College. Activities include excursions, parties, quizzes and various sports - including a football team! Southampton is home to many international students and hosts a wide range of multicultural events such as salsa parties, as well as having many traditional English pubs and clubs.