Congratulations on taking this important step towards succeeding in your chosen career - we are really pleased that you have decided to apply to City College and we look forward to welcoming you!
City College Southampton is truly a great place and we are celebrating many successes this year so you can be sure that you are making the right decision by choosing to take your next step at City College Southampton! Our teachers have great industry knowledge and fantastic teaching skills. Care, support and guidance at City College are judged by Ofsted to be outstanding so you know that you will have the very best support to help you succeed.
We are accepting applications now for all levels of study for 2013 starts; the earlier you apply the more sure you can be of securing your place in your chosen area of study and starting on the pathway to your chosen career!
What happens next?
On receiving your application we will contact you by letter to invite you to an interview. We may ask you to complete some assessments so that we can be sure the course and level of study you have applied for is right for you. You will then receive a formal written offer for the agreed course and level of study.
Due to high demand for places in many subjects we ask that you confirm your acceptance of our offer as soon as possible. If we haven't heard from you within 2 weeks from receipt of your offer letter your place at City College could be at risk.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I find more information?
- Please see our current 16+ course guide for further details and come and meet the City College team at our open events and industry showcases. Please click here for full details.
- We visit lots of school careers and parents events across the City and into Hampshire too so do come and see us when we visit your school; we're always happy to answer your questions
Can I apply for more than one course?
- Yes, if you have not decided which course you would like to study, you may list more than one on your application. Our staff will help you to decide which would be the best programme for you
Can I bring someone with me to my interview?
- Yes, you are welcome to bring someone along with you to your interview; there may be parts of the session you will need to complete on your own but we are always happy to welcome parents, carers on the day of your interview
Do I need to wear my school uniform to my interview?
- No, you can wear either your casual clothes or your uniform if you wish
Is there any financial support available to help me come to college?
- Don't let money worries stop you achieving your goals! Make your application to City College now and if you are worried about whether you can afford to come to college come and visit our financial assistance zone at one of our Open Events and talk with our advisers. You may find college costs less than you think and if you are eligible we will help you to access financial support
Please click here for further details of how and when we can help
Can I apply to City College if I live outside of the EU?
- Yes, we warmly welcome and support students from lots of different countries outside of the EU and our dedicated international team are waiting to hear from you! If you would like to make an application from outside the EU please go to our International students website