Do you want Southampton to be an outstanding city?
Play a key role in making it happen
City College is an important contributor to the city’s future success, with over 10,000 people using City College each year. Most of these students progress into local employment, improving the economic position of Southampton.
The College is highly effective, being ranked in the top 18% of all colleges in the country.
We’ve got the right ingredients; enthusiastic students, dedicated staff and an exciting redevelopment programme that will deliver fantastic learning facilities over the next 18 months.
But we aren’t satisfied. We want universal recognition for the excellence of our teaching. We seek fame as a college where people go to improve their careers. We want to be seen as different and exceptional. In short, we want to be an outstanding college.
So What is
- The role is voluntary
- The Board meets 9 times per year
- Meetings run from 5:30pm to around 8:00pm
- You will join a professional and dedicated group that has already achieved a great deal in support of the College
- The key jobs for the Board are to decide the strategic direction for the College, determine the educational character, oversee the quality of provision and setting budgets
- You can expect support and guidance from the start, with your role and input increasing with your growing understanding of City College and its challenges
- You can also expect to be listened to, with your influence demonstrably improving the lives of our students – all 10,000 of them
We Cannot do it Without You
A fine ship and an expert crew still need inspired navigators. This is where you come in. Help steer City College to outstanding success by donating your special talents and unique experience to the City College Board. Bring us wisdom, a passion for improvement and some bold ideas to guide us towards our dream.
You may have experience in business, community work, voluntary organisations or industry. You might be an entrepreneur, a representative of a minority group, a manager or a company director. You may be recently retired; or a soldier, sailor, tinker, tailor, butcher, baker or candlestick maker.
Your past or current role is less important to us than your life perspective. What we are seeking is new and different ideas from people with a broad experience of working life.
Our Fantastic Facilities
City College are in the final stages of a £40million redevelopment which, once complete, will house some of the most state-of-the art facilities in Southern England.
Contact the Corporation
If you are interested in becoming a Governor at City College, or would like to find out further information, please contact Lily Garth (Clerk to the Corporation).
t: 023 8057 7602