Health and Social Care
About the course:
This part-time course will prepare you for supervisory or junior management level roles within the health and social care sector.
Run by tutors with extensive industry experience, you will gain practical skills and a formal qualification to enable you to enter employment or progress within the health and social care industry.
Work experience of at least 200 hours (voluntary or paid) will be expected as a mandatory requirement to pass the course.
Upon successful completion of one year you will gain the level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC). There may be the opportunity to continue for a second year to gain the level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND).
Example units include:
- Communicating in health and social care organisations
- Principles of health and social care practice
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Safeguarding in health and social care
- Personal and professional development
- Working in partnership in health and social care
- The role of public health in health and social care
- Physiological principles
You should be 19 years old or over and have:
- Relevant level 3 qualification (e.g. A-levels or BTEC National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care)
- GCSE maths and English (grade A-C)
Those with substantial professional experience in the sector will also be considered.
You will learn through a combination of lectures, small group tutorials, coursework and practical assignments accessing online resources. Additional independent study is required.
Continuous assessment of assignments, portfolios and individual or group presentations.
- HND or degree level course in health and social care
- Seek career opportunities
- Career development into a senior position
If you are studying for your first higher education course, you can benefit from a range of financial support. Visit www.gov.uk/student-finance for more information.
Apply using our online application form - simply click the APPLY button at the top of this page. An interview will be required for this course.
If you have any queries, please call our Information & Advice team on 023 8048 4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.