Hospitality Management (with hospitality & tourism unit options)
About the course:
This 2-year part-time course is ideal for those with a desire to work in hospitality management and for current aspiring managers in the hospitality and tourism industry who want to gain a higher education qualification.
The course offers an exciting mix of theoretical-based management units and practical assignments.
Many of the units will improve your abilities in general management skills e.g. human resources, marketing, and small business enterprise, whereas other units are focused more specifically on the hospitality and tourism industry.
The programme of study explores the following core units:
- The contemporary hospitality industry
- Finance in the hospitality industry
- Customer service
Example specialist units:
- The cruise sector
- The travel and tourism sector
- Marketing in hospitality
- Small business enterprise
- Food and beverage operation
- Event management
- The developing manager
- Relevant level 3 qualification (e.g. A-levels or BTEC National Diploma in Hospitality)
- GCSE maths and English (grade A-C)
- Those with relevant professional experience in the sector will also be considered
Classroom based lectures, tutorials, case studies, problem solving tasks, group and individual work.
Continuous assessment of group work, team activity, plus individual practical and written work. Assignments and presentation work will be presented in final major projects.
- HND, foundation degree or honours degree in hospitality management
- Seek career opportunities in a wide variety of organisations
- Career development
If you are studying for your first higher education course, you can benefit from a range of financial support. Visit www.gov.uk/student-finance for more information.
Apply using our online application form - simply click the APPLY button at the top of this page. An interview will be required for this course.
If you have any queries, please call our Information & Advice team on 023 8048 4848 or email email@example.com.