BTEC Diploma in Art & Design
About the course:
This is a course that would particularly benefit those with a desire to work in the creative arts industry or are currently working within the profession.
This course will provide you with a range of creative experiences and will enable you to experiment and develop skills in drawing, painting, textiles, fashion, photography, printing, graphics and sculpture/3D methods.
The course includes 1.5 contact days per week at college and, each year, will culminate in an exhibition which will give you the opportunity to showcase your work in a professional setting to the public, local employers and higher education institutions.
Upon successful completion of the first year you will gain the level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC), and upon successful completion of the second year you will achieve the level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND).
The programme of study explores a range of units including:
- Digital media in art and design
- Lens-based recording techniques in art and design
- Ideas in context
- Site-specific fine art
- Communication with images in art and design
- Exhibition of art work
- Visual communication in art and design
- Ideas generation and development in art and design
- Contextual and cultural referencing in art and design
- Professional practice in art and design
- Level 3 qualification in art, design, photography, media or other relevant subject (ideally a foundation or extended diploma)
- BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in an appropriate discipline
- GCSE maths and English (grade A-C)
- Portfolio of work to be presented at interview
- Those with substantial professional experience (paid or voluntary) in the creative arts sector will also be considered
This course is predominantly practical.
Continuous assessment of assignments, essays and projects. Your work will be assessed internally and externally. There are no written exams.
- HND or top-up to degree level course in art and design
- Progress straight into employment
- Career development
If you are studying for your first higher education course, you can benefit from a range of financial support. Visit www.gov.uk/student-finance for more information.
Apply using our online application form - simply click the APPLY button at the top of this page. An interview will be required for this course.
If you have any queries, please call our Information & Advice team on 023 8048 4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.