Engineering (full time & part time options available)
About the course:
Whether you are currently working or seeking employment, this higher level engineering course will enable you to develop the concepts, knowledge, skills and techniques required for today’s engineering industry.
It provides coverage of both electrical and mechanical units making this general engineering course an ideal stepping stone to further studies or for career development.
1 year: 2 days a week
2 years: 1 day a week
The programme of study explores the following range of units:
- Engineering principles and science
- Health and safety
- Mathematics in engineering
- Application of hydraulics
- Application of pneumatics
- Electrical power
- Project design, implementation and evaluation
- Advanced CAD
- Relevant level 3 qualification (e.g. A-level mathematics and physics, or BTEC National Diploma in Engineering)
- Those with substantial professional experience in the sector will also be considered. An initial assessment will be required
Classroom based lectures, tutorials, problem solving tasks, group and individual work.
Some class based tests, but no end of year exams.
- HND, foundation degree or honours degree in engineering
- Seek career opportunities in a wide variety of organisations
- Career development
If you are studying for your first higher education course, you can benefit from a range of financial support. Visit www.gov.uk/student-finance for more information.
Apply using our online application form - simply click the APPLY button at the top of this page. An interview will be required for this course.
If you have any queries, please contact our Information & Advice team on 023 8048 4848 or email email@example.com.