Creative Media Production
About the course:
This is a 2-year full-time course that would particularly benefit those with a desire to work in the media industry or are currently working within the profession.
This vocational course is delivered using new HD equipment in our industry-standard TV studio and editing suites, and is run by tutors with a wealth of industry experience. It is designed to impart the practical skills that you will need in conjunction with underpinning theory.
Upon successful completion of the first year you will gain the level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC), and upon successful completion of the second year you will achieve the level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND).
The programme of study explores the following range of units:
- Contextual studies
- Media industries
- Research techniques
- Media project
- Production management
- TV studio production
- Video editing
- Film and television documentary
- Promotional video production
- News and current affairs for television
- BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in an appropriate discipline
- A-level profile which demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject
- Level 3 qualification in media or other relevant subject
- Those with extensive work experience (paid or voluntary) in the creative media sector will also be considered.
This is a practical course with some contextual study units.
You will work to industry-standard briefs with continuous assessment of assignments and projects. There are no interim or final exams.
- HND or degree level course in creative media
- Progress straight into employment
- Career development
If you are studying for your first higher education course, you can benefit from a range of financial support. Visit www.gov.uk/student-finance for more information.
Apply using our online application form - simply click the APPLY button at the top of this page. An interview will be required for this course.
If you have any queries, please call our Information & Advice team on 023 8048 4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.