Diploma in Building Services Engineering
About the course:
This part-time course will prepare you for a range of technical, professional and management careers in building services engineering by providing units of study which are relevant to the discipline in which you are either currently working or seeking employment. It has been developed with career progression in mind and is recognised by the main professional body CIBSE.
You will gain the level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC) upon successful completion of years 1 and 2, and the level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) upon successful completion of year 3.
The HNC/HND in Building Services Engineering explores the following range of units:
- Design principles and application
- Applied mathematics in construction
- Health, safety and welfare
- Management principles and application
- Low pressure hot water for non-domestic buildings
- Group project
- Electricity and lighting for building services engineering
- Application of scientific principles to building services engineering
You should be at least 18 and have either:
- Level 3 qualification in building / BSE related discipline
- At least one A-level and four or more GCSEs at grade A-C, including maths and an appropriate science or technology subject
Those with substantial professional experience in the sector will also be considered.
This is a theory and practical work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
Continuous assessment of assignments and projects; either controlled or set as coursework.
- HND or degree level course in construction and the built environment
- Professional qualifications offered by CIBSE
- Seek career opportunities in a wide variety of organisations
- Career development into a senior position
If you are studying for your first higher education course, you can benefit from a range of financial support. Visit www.gov.uk/student-finance for more information.
Apply using our online application form - simply click the APPLY button at the top of this page. An interview will be required for this course.
If you have any queries, please contact our Information & Advice team on 023 8048 4848 or email email@example.com.